Line Illustration


Since this project is about pushing my limit and step out of my comfort zone,
so I wanted to try on designing a style that I never think of trying before.
It's Line Illustration, I get the idea after came back from Art Expo Malaysia 2014.
But that time what I wanted is just a very rough idea,
I wanna design something that shows blood transaction, flow and the most important is Abstract! The first thing in my mind was using the blood that flows and create some silhouettes to shows how the blood could save people. But the result is just NORMAL, I wasn't satisfied what I designed. It doesn't really pushing my limit though, because it's just another USUAL illustration for me. It wasn't really a challenge at all, so I decided to change my design. So I do a lot of research from books and internet and finally came out a very good idea.

Book References @ Taylor's Library
I found a book from my university, I looked at it for a second and the idea suddenly came out. Blood transaction doesn't really need to use blood to show the flow, it also can use LINE to replace it. After getting the idea, I started to surf the internet and look at most of the line illustration design, it was very inspiring.

The images above are the image that inspired me the most. After that I came out my own design and showed it to my friends and family. But I found out that most tenagers and adults can understand my concept and what I wanted to approach except for the elderly. I was kinda upset because I wanted to design something that everyone can understand, but it's kinda difficult for me by now. This is my first time of try this kind of style, so many parts I can't do something like those Line Artists, I'm still need to improve on my design. So I went to Ms Anis and asked for her comment, see what can I improve my artwork.

1st Tryout: Front 

1st Tryout: Back
Ms Anis suggested that I need to specify some parts that allow people to recognized the people. The important part are the head, hands and legs. I was happy after she said it's a good try for me and the work looked nice. Make me feel like all my hardwork is worth and not just about marks or result etc, it's about satisfaction. So after the consultation, I did some changes on the artwork and went to LAP SOON to print out.

Here is the final artwork:

Final Design: Front

Final Design: Back
So, can you tell how many people in the picture?

0 comments: (+add yours?)

Post a Comment